Starting the PA Server Monitor Console
To start the PA Server Monitor Console
- Double-click the PA Server Monitor Console icon on your desktop. The Console connection window appears:
- Do one of the following:
- Select the Local Host option to connect to the monitoring service on the same computer.
- Select the Remote Host option to connect to the host on a remote computer. Enter the remote host name, port number, user name, and password.
Note: Remote access must previously have been configured in Settings -> Remote Access.
- Click OK to connect and open the Console GUI. If there are any errors, an error message will offer hints on how to resolve them.
- The Console GUI will appear.
Note that there are also a few other options. You can select which embedded browser (Internet Explorer or Chromium) will be used at the bottom of the dialog. You do not need to install the Chrome browser.
You can also make changes to the Database Settings, the Server HTTP/S Settings and the name used when connecting to the
local server (localhost by default).